coachella valley, Palm springs, California
1. THE ONE TRUE GOD. The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM”, the creator of the universe and the redeemer of mankind (Dt 6:4; Ex 3:14; Is 43:10-11). God has further reveled himself as the triune being manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Is 48:16; Mt 28:19; Luke 3:22).
2. THE SCRIPTURES INSPIRED AS FULL GOSPEL. The church believes and accepts that the scriptures embodied in the Holy Bible, both Old and New testaments are inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct (2 Tim 3:15-17; 1 Th 2:13; 2 Pt 1:24).
3. BIRTH, DEATH, AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST. Jesus Christ came into the world by a woman (Lk 1:26-35; Lk 2:1-14; Ga 4:4) through the Holy Spirit and rose three days after his death on the cross (Mt 28:9-10; Lk 24:13; John 20:11-29)
4. THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. The lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and as such shares in the divinity and Deity of God (Mt 1:23; Jn 1:1; Jn 5:22; Heb 1:1-13).
5. ORIGINAL SIN AND FALL OF MAN. Man was created good and upright; for God said “Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness” (Gen 1:26-27). The first man, Adam, through disobedience, fell from the grace of God and thus sin and death entered into the world. Adam’s transgression incurred not only physical death for man but also spiritual death, which are eternal separation from God (Gen 2:17; Gen 3:6-24).
6. THE SALVATION OF MAN THROUGH JESUS CHRIST ONLY. Man’s only hope of redemption and salvation from the power of sin is through the shedding of blood of the Lord Jesus Christ (Jn 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rm 5:8-13; Rm 10:8; Eph 2:8; Jm 1:21).
7. CHRIST THE ONE SHEPHERD. Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd (Jn 10:11) and the Great Shepherd (Heb 13:20). There is only one spiritual shepherd referred to in the New Testament and Jesus Christ is that one (Jn 10:16).
8. THE CHURCH AND ITS MISSION. The church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Holy Spirit with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. Each believer born of the Spirit is an integral part of the general assembly of the church of the first born which was written ion heaven (Eph 1:22-23; Heb 12:23). Since God’s purpose concerning man is to seek and save that which is lost, to be worshipped by man and to build a body of believers in the image of His Son.
The responsibility of the Church is:
A. To be an agency of God for evangelizing the world (Acts 1:8; Mt 28:19; Mk 16:15-16)
B. To be a corporate body in which man may worship God (1 Cor 12:13)
C. To be a channel of God’s purpose to build a Body of Saints being perfect in the image of His Son (Eph 4:11-16; 1 Cor 12:28; 14:12)
9. THE ORDINANCES OF THE CHURCH.
A. Baptism by immersion in water as commanded in scriptures (Mt 28:19; Mk 16:16; Acts 10:47-48)
B. The Lord’s Supper or Holy Communion as commanded by the Lord in scripture (2 Peter 1:4; 1 Cor 11:26).
10. THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT. The initial physical sign of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4) evidences the baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit. With the baptism in the Holy Spirit comes the endowment of power in life and services, the bestowment of the gifts or enablement of the Holy Spirit and their uses in the ministry of the Body of Christ (Lk 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 1 Cor 12:1-31). Experience of new birth (Act 8:12; 10:44-48).